Saturday, October 27, 2012

Distracted.

Body in one place
Mind in another
Hard to concentrate
With all these memories and thoughts running wild in my mind
How do I control them,
Im not sure.

I sit and think
Think about what I should be doing
But all I can come up with is
That which I shouldn’t be doing.

Im just a small girl
In a big world
Trying to keep pace
With the rest of the world
But it moves so fast.

Im caught in a trance
Trying to find my way
Trying to stay out of trouble
But trouble finds me somehow.
It follows me
Like my shadow.
Like a stalker
I cannot rid myself of.

Questions lead to confusion
I can’t free myself of this nauseating feeling
A mixed feeling of drowning, falling, hopelessness, fear, and stress.

Tranquility
Is what I need.   
                                                                                                                                    
To get away from all the scornful eyes
Away from every person’s judgement
Away from myself
To a place far away.

A place so quiet
That I can listen to myself breathe
I want to hear my thoughts unmasked and naked
Free of oppression
Free from the fear of being judged

I need a sense of stillness
A place so still
That I can see my breathe condense in front of me
I need to recollect myself
Before stepping out into this labyrinth called life
I need to find myself once more.






No comments:

Post a Comment